German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been doing a lot of browsing lately, been sitting around on call for work so I have time to kill. I got interested in this thing called a flirt pole. I managed to throw one together for about 4 bucks.

I started with a dowel, length of 3 feet- $.60 cents.

Then attached a 'fish eye' into the end. Pack of 10 for $.99 cents.

Next comes the rope. I got a roll of 300ft for $1.98.

Then I just used a rag out of a pack of 10 I had so that was 'free' more or less.

Put it all together and you get a nice home made flirt pole for $3.57 plus tax and an hour of time with shopping. All my supplies came from Menards.

Piper just loves this thing. I used something similar before, just a garden hose (couplers removed!) but this is easier to maneuver!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to find a furry tail thing for another one. You know the Dayy Crockett hat with the tail, where can I find just the tail part? Ha

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Nice! I love flirt poles, they help get rid of so much energy and all I have to do is stand there. :whistle:

My flirt pole is a horse whip, a string, and one of those skinneeez dog toys that resembles a fox.
Image what a remote control boat can do on one charge lol

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
my flirt pole is a lunge whip (for horses) and a fleece tug toy. Dodger loves it!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I can totally see Titon catching that and tear the string apart, snapping the dowel rod causing splintered wood that punctures my hand, puts me in the hospital and requires major surgery.

Yes, my GS is that nuts.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Or even better, a squirrel on a rope. It flirts itself. I just go have a beer

·
Registered
803 Posts
Way too much work for me.
I just hit a feed store and bought a horse lounge whip. Attach leather rag or tug and done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one that is a PVC pipe with a rope through it and a cow hide attached to the end. The pipe won't break and I barely get a lil bend in it. And with the rope through the pipe I can decide how long I want the hide to go out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts