German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was throwing the ball for the dog. Well I guess I had him heeling and fussing a little too much, and he got worked up. He decided it would be smart to jump from the left to the right and grab the ball out my hand right at the moment I had said "PLAY BALL" which is his cue to release.

Well his face collided with my hand pretty quickly, and I do throw hard and far... so it was pretty much like a right hook at his head.

And what does he do? stumbles a bit and gets after the ball as usual, like the dickens. Of course brings it back for more, and of course I rewarded him for that too, and of course he shows no ill effects from my right to his skull.

Well now my hand hurts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I remember one time when my dog jumped a little as I bent over to put her leash on. The peak of of her skull hit my forehead and nearly knocked me out. She didn't even realize she did it....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was a teenager, two months after getting my braces off. Wake up in the morning, go out of my room. Dog was in the hall, got very excited to see me. Ran over to me, I bent over to pet her, she jumped up at the same time. The top of her skull hit my bottom jaw and rammed my teeth together. My bottom teeth went right up into my permanent retainer which is made of metal wire and dental cement. Needless to say, ALL of my bottom teeth broke. I now have caps on 5 of my lower teeth.

To this day still have problems with them. Cold, hot etc....

Won't forget that day. Dogs have some hard heads!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I was a teenager, two months after getting my braces off. Wake up in the morning, go out of my room. Dog was in the hall, got very excited to see me. Ran over to me, I bent over to pet her, she jumped up at the same time. The top of her skull hit my bottom jaw and rammed my teeth together. My bottom teeth went right up into my permanent retainer which is made of metal wire and dental cement. Needless to say, ALL of my bottom teeth broke. I now have caps on 5 of my lower teeth.

To this day still have problems with them. Cold, hot etc....

Won't forget that day. Dogs have some hard heads!
Ouch!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I have a kong that is on a rope (it's a water kong) and I'll swing it before I throw it. Hondo was sitting waiting for me to release it...sadly both of our timing was a bit off and he lunged forward while I was in mid swing and I struck him on the bottom jaw. He must of bit his tongue because it was bleeding. But all his teeth survived.

Hondo decided he didn't feel like playing after that. And I got to wear Hondo pants for the rest of the evening.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The hand thing happened to me at least 3 times so far with Jaeger, lol. He got so excited when I was getting ready to throw the frisbee, he leaped forward just as I got to the point of releasing it, and I smacked him right in the face with my hand. The first time, I just bruised my fingers fairly strongly. Once more after that it happened again, but not bad. A few months later, he did it again, and he yelped, I yelped, and my hand swelled up, turned purple, and I thought it was broken! :eek: Put ice on it right away, and kept it on for a while that night. Jaeger was fine after the initial yelp, as I'd smacked him right in the jaw, and no damage to him, I checked all teeth, tongue, etc. (you'd think I learn, huh? ). Anyway, he now has stopped lunging forward and I have also learned to warn him to back up away from me. :blush:
It finally healed after turning pretty (not) colors and being sore.
Also had teeth messed up from another GSD we had right after his adoption, his head smacked up into my jaw as I was bending down toward him....oh well...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one year old gsd and had two black eyes from his massive paws on separate occasions. Not his fault just wanted a cuddle. He is better as he is getting older, just getting head butted now , by accident of course.lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts