German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boaz (my Dutch Shepherd) has grown a bit since these taken this summer, but otherwise looks the same.

Ciana is my 5 year old Malinois.

And Balto (the magnificent) is the fuzzy boy, or Belgian Laekenois. He's 3 years old and pretty much perfect. Not a fan of agility, though. That's why I have a puppy.

My Guys:

At my private "dog park". It's the complex where I work early Sunday morning. I just make sure they have all their tags because the police in this town have been known to shoot dogs.

Shade at the office park.

Pond at the office park. There's also a field of tall grass.
Boaz really enjoys jumping right in. Shortly afterwards he tested out the deep end.

Back at home: Balto is my cutie pie.

It's been a hot summer. Good thing I have trees in the yard. "What's next, mom?" You can see Ciana favoring the leg that she broke 4 years ago.

I love Balto's eyes. I could just look into them forever! However, he was just caught eating composted cow manure. Puppy was kind enough to shred the bag open for him.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Hey, nice crew you have ! :wub: Nice private dog park ! ;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Love them all :wub:Lol now all u need is the gronondale (sp?) and the Trevurne (sp?) And ull have the whole set of belgin shepherds :).

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Very nice-looking group. I've never seen the curly-coated variety except in shows :)

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Gorgeous pack :wub:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
What a gorgeous pack! I think if I saw the giant fuzzy one I'd think it was some kind of terrier or airadale (sp) mix.

How did she break her leg?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments. :)

A lot of people think Balto is either an Airedale mix or a Poodle mix.

And I never found out how Ciana broke her leg. It was Sunday morning at 7 am. I was tired, so I let the dogs into the yard and snoozed a little on the sofa. I heard her scream and I ran outside to find her hopping on 3 legs. I went to the e-vet and they were so unconcerned, that they made me wait for 3 hours until I just left. My vet didn't take x-rays because by Monday she was doing so much better. She was 6 months old at the time. I didn't find out she broke anything until 2 years later. She had surgery to remove a piece of bone that was moving around in her elbow causing her to limp. So, it wasn't a total break, just a piece broke off the elbow section. The surgeon said its a hereditary weakness.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
How nice to have one each of a different breed! They are similar, yet different! Just beautiful! I am especially taken by your Dutch Shepherd! :wub:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I like them all for different reasons. It was really a difficult choice between another Laekenois or a Dutch Shepherd puppy this year. The DS won, of course. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
What a beautiful pack! Of course I am in love with Boaz... Zonya has converted my loyalty to Dutch Shepherds! Aren't they so much fun to own?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Love them all :wub:Lol now all u need is the gronondale (sp?) and the Trevurne (sp?) And ull have the whole set of belgin shepherds :).

i'm in agreement!!!! i know if i saw just those three running around at a park or something my jaw would drop i'd be so surprised to see those 3 breeds together and then you add the tervuran and groenendael and i'd probably hit the ground lol. Especially since i wouldnt ever expect to see those particular breeds all together unless at a dog show! I've thought about getting a dutchie. prefer them over the mals.

·
Registered
170 Posts
KZoppa, looking at your Location, if you still lived here in CO.... you could come over and play with a whole lot of awfully cute Dutchie puppies... :D :D :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great looking dogs. Boaz is gorgeous. I enjoyed the links the his breeder.

The Lackenois (sp) are a neat dog. I know one from CT that is titled in FR ring.

My husband has 3 Mal's and they are great dogs as well. I'm partial to my DS. They are a little more low key.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts