German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on the forums but this is my first post! I have a 5 y.o female GSD, 2 y.o golden, and have recently taken in a friend of a friends GSD as she was moving. He is 4 years old, neutered and supposedly purebred but she doesn't have paper. He looks pure but I just can't get over the fact that his eyes are blue! Something says husky but I don't know. I couldn't find much on GSD's with blue eyes. Any input? Here's pics!
http://[URL=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/boskoluv/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9760c675.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can't say if he is pure but he is stunning. His eyes are amazing he looks 100% but with the blue eyes he may be at least be 1/4 husky. Very little of anything besides german shepherd in him that I see.

·
Registered
257 Posts
a picture of him standing will tell us if he is pure or not but he looks fine to me, anyways blue eyes has nothing to do with pure or not , its a rare thing and you should be very happy, my cousin has a GSD he has blue eyes and 100% pure. Be happy and take care of that beautiful guy

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
It's not common but it does happen.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
He is beautiful and looks pure bred to me.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Looks 100% to me. Geez those eyes, wicked. Definitely not something to breed for (had to put that in there) but with his coat coloring - gorgeous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the nice coments, he's neuterd so he won't be bred! And pure or not he is still very much loved by his new family!:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thought i would post more pictures! He is settling in quite nicely and getting along great with our other shepherd

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
im not a german shepherd expert of any kind but that definitly look like a purebred to me :) a very fine looking one too.. just wondering did they charge you extra for the blue eyes ?? is he the only 1 with blue eyes among the litter ?

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
OMG He is STRIKING!!!! Gorgeous.....Love him!

I'd say he was purebred....not - as others say - breedable because of it...but sure good looking! But then, I love a solid blue too...even if I would not breed them myself!

Lee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im not a german shepherd expert of any kind but that definitly look like a purebred to me :) a very fine looking one too.. just wondering did they charge you extra for the blue eyes ?? is he the only 1 with blue eyes among the litter ?
I actualy got him for free as a friend could not take him bc they were moving. I'm not sure about his litter mates, i don't think they paid more:)

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
WOW! Didn't know that could happen, very striking gorgeous boy though looks like he could stand to lose some weight but very stunning!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts