German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding my AKC certified GSD both chicken and beef top ramen for 3 months. He's about 7 months old. As someone hit in the basic economy I have stopped buying expensive dog food. I make about 10 lbs of spaghetti noodles and poor tomato sauce in it and then for breakfast I make him some top ramen. He is fit as a fiddle..... FOR .20 CENTS A DAY YOUR DOG WILL HAVE THE CALORIES HE NEEDS and plenty of energy. Plus he loves the spaghetti and ramen meals.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
What does the vet say about that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bad idea...

Not to be rude, but I'm sure that everyone who has clicked this thread is thinking the same thing...there is a lot more to nutrition than calories and energy. I would definitely revise your GSD's diet.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think that feeding our dog crappy kibble would be better balanced than spaghetti and ramen noodles. The ramen noodle packages are loaded with sodium.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, there is many nutients in spaghetti. You may not be aware of this but carbs are best for a dog and meat causes plaque in their veins. Top ramen has gone back 1000's of years and the chinese people do very well. I personally grew up on spaghetti and top ramen noodles and I have had excellent health. Every diet is different, but as long as meat is not added and the dog get's the right carbs that is best.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
No way I would feed my pup either of those things. On rare ocassions he will get a spoonful of mac and cheese but that is only if he has eaten his kibble.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I smell a troll too. Or if you are for real, I hope you're adding some veggies and chicken to that.

I like Ramen noddles too, the chili flavor but without some tomatoes or something, there's not much other than starch to them.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Originally Posted By: wetseal1Every diet is different, but as long as meat is not added and the dog get's the right carbs that is best.
This is a joke, right? Your dog lives off of spaghetti and ramen noodles?
I wouldn't even eat that every day let alone feed my dog that.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Where's the Beef? Last time I checked there was no actual meat in Ramen noodles.

?

Just saw your comment about meat.

definately TROLL!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do I put my dogs picture on here...he is thriving and healthy and I believe many are blinded by pet food companies. Aslo, besides rabie shot required vaccinating a dog under 2 years old is harmful. Anybody feeding their dog meat is just foolish. It's not good for humans nor dogs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once a week a can of tuna is added to chicken top ramen flavor(2 packs) at breakfast. The sodium increases his blood circulation and probably has less than your dog food you buy.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yeah seriously!
I liked Roman noodles too, have not eaten them for years though, but I would NEVER live on them or would I ever feed them to my dogs... they have SO much salt in them... the dogs would not do well on them...
This has to be a joke!

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
And WHY again are you feeding your dog this? Could we see some pics of him to determine that he looks good?

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
A vegetarian........ and that is fine for you but difficult to maintain a dog on. Dogs require meat or a very good source of protein in thier diet. Ramen and spagetti don't cut it.

If this is for real it is sad, if it is not for real it is pretty darn funny!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Originally Posted By: wetseal1 Anybody feeding their dog meat is just foolish. It's not good for humans nor dogs.
You do realize dogs are carnivores and a lot of people feed their dogs RAW and have much success with it? You may want to take a look at the nutrition section of this board.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Who knew? Years of research has gone into both human and animal nutrition but all along ramen noodles are the answer to our problems.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts