German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,007 Posts
I so hope you do not opt to put him down. What I am about to say is in no way meant to be disrespectful but it sounds like his behavior has been brought on by his owners. No dog but especially a GSD left in a garage all day then left out to his own devices at night will be the best behaved. He needs to be worked, trained and as everyone has said NILF. I do not believe it is to late for him to turn around I encourage you to take Agilegsd up on the offer for help. It is a good place to start and give the boy you love a chance to show you that he can be a great dog.

I am so glad you came here and are looking for help. Welcome, I just wish it was with happier news. Please keep us posted.

· Registered
3,007 Posts
Geeze, I did not mean to offend. I think I even said that in my post. As stated we can only go on what you tell us, you are the one that stated he had no training. No one is trying to make you look bad I think we have all tried to help. We also realize that some people get a GSD and do not know what they are getting into. We do not know if that pertains to you or not, as we do not know your level of training knowledge or if this is your first GSD or not. I understand your very upset about this whole situation as I would be. But you asked us for help and now seem angry that we offer any advice.

I am not sure now I understand what you wanted from the forum. It seems you have already decided to give the dog up without even trying to help him. That choice of course is yours and I understand that maybe your family is now afraid of him. I guess we thought you wanted advice on how to correct the problem so you could keep him and bring harmony back to the family. I do hope you will take help offered from our forum member. As stated it will be hard to re-home a dog with bite history and he is way to young to PTS. I believe he can be helped. I really do wish you the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.