German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No clue where else to post this. This afternoon I arrived at the grocery store and saw an all too familiar scene; an older homeless (looking) guy sitting on a walker with an older black GSD type dog lying next to him. He held up a cardboard piece that read"anything helps". It got me thinking about the luxurious life my dogs lead and how he probably is struggling but al least has his best friend with him. So I bought a good quality dog food that I could use myself if, for some reason, he had left before I returned to the parking lot. But he hadn't, so I stopped the car, opened the window and he came to the window. I gave him the bag of dog food and told him that I had GSDs as well. We had a brief conversation about his dog and he thanked me profusely. As I drove on I saw in the rear view mirror the dog inspecting the bag and wag his tail. That last view made my day.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I'm sure you made both of their lives better for a bit, what a kind thing to do!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Wolfy dog, your post made me :) and reminds me that we all could do better. Every little kindness helps.

Aly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts