German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Love that first picture. What a couple of cutie's!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
They are absolutely adorable! :wub:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Beautiful dog, I love livers.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
You are very brave to take on two puppies at the same time!!:) Congrats on them both they are so cute!! I love their coloring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah...uhhhh...didn't do much research on the whole two at once thing!!! LOL! Not going to bad so far though. I think I'm in for a roller coaster ride!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Yeah...uhhhh...didn't do much research on the whole two at once thing!!! LOL!
Adorable babies!
You should start practicing separating them at this age :) take them to the vet separately, separate car rides, walks, etc... If they never spend a minute without each other, they can have complete breakdowns if they have to be separated for anything later in life. Mine are separated for at least an hour every day.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Adorable babies!
You should start practicing separating them at this age :) take them to the vet separately, separate car rides, walks, etc... If they never spend a minute without each other, they can have complete breakdowns if they have to be separated for anything later in life. Mine are separated for at least an hour every day.
Yes, I agree with this.

If you dont seperate them and train them individually, they will become bonded to each other and not pay you any attention.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
They are very cute puppies! I think you must be pretty brave to bring home two pups at once. Double the trouble and twice the fun I guess! Be sure to spend time with them separately. You will want thme to bond with you guys too. When pups from the same litter are together too much they will bond to each other more than to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Starting to train them individually. I have two crates, but they are still currently together. At what age should I crate them seperately? Should I keep the crates next to each other?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Starting to train them individually. I have two crates, but they are still currently together. At what age should I crate them seperately? Should I keep the crates next to each other?
I would start crating them seperately now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts