German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogue came into heat today!! I was not expecting it at all. Although looking back I do see some signs like laziness and she totally blew me off at training on Sunday which is so unlike her. Today we had a long day with y daughters class on a field trip to the park. We walked from her school to the park and back (about 2 miles total). She did amazing with all of the kids and was tired and hot when we got home. She came into the kitchen from outside and I noticed drops of blood on the floor. So anyways I slapped a pad inside of one of my 6 year olds underwear and cut a whole. Seems to fit pretty good. I've never dealt with an intact female. Any tips or tricks for me? What do you use for diapers? ImageUploadedByPG Free1364603408.502218.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
My mother uses boy underwear. Puts the tail out the pee pee hole. I bought Fiona some fancy doggy bloomers off amazon. Fiona is now in the I want a boyfriend stage. It was not as bad as I expected. Fiona was a light bleeder. Her sister, my mom's dog, much heavier. Fiona got extra hot, so I filled the doggy pool with water even though it is 60 - 70 degrees.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How old is Rogue? Shelby is 7 months and I think she is showing signs of being in heat. Very clingy, cleaning herself obsessively, less motivated during training, and suddenly extremely obnoxious on walks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mother uses boy underwear. Puts the tail out the pee pee hole. I bought Fiona some fancy doggy bloomers off amazon. Fiona is now in the I want a boyfriend stage. It was not as bad as I expected. Fiona was a light bleeder. Her sister, my mom's dog, much heavier. Fiona got extra hot, so I filled the doggy pool with water even though it is 60 - 70 degrees.

What happens in the "i want a boy friend stage? And how do they start acting?"

From the start on bleeding this lasts approx a month right?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
At least that will be over soon for ya! We are still waiting for Storm to go into heat. I hate this wait.

And with the girls, I always used baby diapers. Cut holes for their tail. Cheap way of going around it, and it kept everything clean. I did use duct tape and/or vet wrap on it for the mischievousness bitches that would try to rip it off. But, most of the time, they've left it alone.

Oh... and good luck! lol! Heat cycles are never fun for anyone.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The I want a boyfriend stage is when she must smell every drop of pee any boy has ever put down. She also gets a rubber neck in the car looking at other dogs. She doesn't have a chance to be around non fixed boys, so I am not sure what would happen should a boy dog showed up.

Fiona got attention deficit disorder. She loves to play with her ball, but while in heat she would chase it 2-3 times then just lay down. Like she forgot she was playing. We had to make training sessions for about 5-7 minutes. Any more was useless.

She only bled for two weeks. She is now on day 8 of just being swollen with no discharge.

Seven months is not too young. Fiona's sister, Lena, was 6 months old. She was obsessive about cleaning down there. And overnight it swelled and boom in the morning I had drops of blood.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah ok. Ill try the diapers too. Thanks. Still just tiny drops. I talked to her breeder and he said most of his hatches hardly bleed at all. She seems to be following suit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts