German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometime my germanshepherd lost his balance and falling for 5 mins. (last 2 months 4 times lost his balance) now he has a fever(104). this is his blood report. my vet said it can be tick fever. Please give me some advice's. my vet checked him every time.
(he is 3.5 years old and 34 kg, other activities are normal.)

Font Paper Number Event Circle

·
Registered
Eska von den Roten Vorbergen
4,638 Posts
A high monocyte count usually means a chronic infection. Give that your dog has a fever, it obviously has an infection. NO idea what would cause the low platelet count.

Listen to your vet, and please don't try to diagnose your dog over the internet. We really can't be much help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A high monocyte count usually means a chronic infection. Give that your dog has a fever, it obviously has an infection. NO idea what would cause the low platelet count.

Listen to your vet, and please don't try to diagnose your dog over the internet. We really can't be much help.
some scans are not available in our country. that is the problem. my vet doing treatments. and i'm always listen to my vet, this is for only to get informations/ advicess , thank you for reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

and his front leg carpal joint has a bump with fluid i show that to my vet.

·
Registered
Eska von den Roten Vorbergen
4,638 Posts
The vet can do an x-ray to see if there is anything wrong with the joint. If the dog isn't limping, it's likely okay. Most tick-borne diseases can be detected with blood tests. Can he do those tests?

There are many more tick related diseases in your country than in North America. That's one reason why we really can't be of much help. However, some tick related diseases do cause joint pain and swelling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts