German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I have had this girl for two years now. I adopted her from a guy I lived near after he had to surrender her after a car wreck. She was 6 months old when I got her and I couldn't have asked for a better dog. She had been an outside dog all her life with her previous owner, and I never had to house train her once! I know she isn't a full blood GSD due to the coloring and some physical characteristics so I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what she might be mixed with!

Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
An invisible dog ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Just kidding...if you meant to post a photo, it didn't upload....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Aww.. I can't tell but she sure is pretty. Those ears! And those big big eyes :) Those look all Shepherd to me. The coat looks like a different texture, though...or did she recently have a bath that makes her look more floofy?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
She is beautiful, don't know about mixture, but I see mostly shepherd in her.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I see mostly shepherd, possibly some husky in her.. either way gorgeous girl! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

She does not wear a prong 24/7. This picture was taken after we returned home from the gym. I went straight to the shower and found her sleeping on the mat in the bathroom when I got out so I snapped the picture. :)

Have any of you seen a shepherd with an all tan coloring before?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
She is beautiful! I don't know much about the coloring variations. I have an all white GSD, but your girl's color is lovely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
She's cute!

I actually have seen one purebred GSD that was entirely tan with a small black mask. The owner said she was some variant of red sable. She looked a lot like a young Tervuren...

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I actually see a PB shepherd. I've seen a couple dogs that look like her. I'd describe her as a red sable or golden sable. I don't know the technical name for her coloration.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

just a couple pulled from google image search. But I have seen a couple IRL

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Beautiful dog! I would lean more to the PB side myself; I knew a "Blonde" Shepherd as a kid...it was our vets dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hello Everyone! I have had this girl for two years now. I adopted her from a guy I lived near after he had to surrender her after a car wreck. She was 6 months old when I got her and I couldn't have asked for a better dog. She had been an outside dog all her life with her previous owner, and I never had to house train her once! I know she isn't a full blood GSD due to the coloring and some physical characteristics so I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what she might be mixed with!

Thanks Everyone!
She looks like a blonde gsd to me

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts