German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys im new to this site. I just wanted to share some pics of my 11 week old pup. I always wanted a full breed german shepherd! I saw the mom and dad they were full bred but now days u never know. So let me know what u guys think. Also his ears just yesterday were down now only one is up how long tell there both fully up and not flopping around? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
He's absolutely adorable. :blush:
Also, I don't know if he's just laying weird in the last picture, but he looks awfully skinny to me.

And Mia's ears didn't come up until she was around 5-6 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's absolutely adorable. :blush:
Also, I don't know if he's just laying weird in the last picture, but he looks awfully skinny to me.

And Mia's ears didn't come up until she was around 5-6 months.
Yea when I got him he was 10 weeks old. I chose him out of the litter because he was so calm compared to the rest! The min I got him home he was throwing up and did not want to eat. It took about 2 days to get him to start eating and playing now hes healthy as can be. The last pic was the day I got him

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Sometimes the ears do not go up and stay until the teething cycle is over. Giving him something safe to chew on sometimes help with the ears to strengthen them. He is a handsome little guy, thanks for sharing him with us.

·
Registered
124 Posts
He is a handsome guy!! :thumbup:

And you are gonna get a ton of feedback on what to feed him! lol Good luck sorting through all the info you will get and then decide what you think is best. Sometimes you may have to try a couple different things to find what works best for you and your dog.

I use Royal Canin for German Shepherd puppies too. I get it delivered from chewy.com because I couldn't find it locally.

http://www.chewy.com/dog/royal-canin-german-shepherd-puppy-30/dp/37654

·
Registered
69 Posts
Need help! Whats the best dog food for my german shepherd pup
I personally like the higher protein dog foods. Feom my understanding puppies shouldn't get too high of protein diet. I'd recommend Natural Balance for puppy decent quality food and I think they have a puppy formula. I feed my Adults Orijen and Acana. Great foods!

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Great website to compare everyone's food suggestions. It breaks down every ingredient and explains why it's good and why certain ingredients are contradicting. Hope this helps :)

VERY cute puppy btw :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He's a GSD pup alright. Looks like he'll be a patterned sable when he's an adult. Ears also do crazy things when they're pups. Teething can affect the ears. They go up and down or they go up and stay up through teething. Nothing to worry about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts