German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my lilttle kotah being a mixed gsd breed I was worried her ears wouldn't go up, but all that changed yesterday morning... So excited

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
Black eye lined rims are the giveaway.

If he's a CD/AD, he'll be 17-19 inches at the withers when grown and his final weight will be between 45-60 lbs.

Don't forget that GSD mix describes dogs like them at the local pound/shelter.

I'd bet dollars to donuts yours isn't a GSD mix.;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black eye lined rims are the giveaway.

If he's a CD/AD, he'll be 17-19 inches at the withers when grown and his final weight will be between 45-60 lbs.

Don't forget that GSD mix describes dogs like them at the local pound/shelter.

I'd bet dollars to donuts yours isn't a GSD mix.;)
We did adopt her from our local animal shelter, so when your referring to her eye lined eyes are you saying she's a full breed??? And plz elaborate on the CD/AD as I'm a new dog owner and not familiar with the terms.. And her tail is pretty strait forward lol

The is the only information we have on her breed

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like my Carolina Dog.

Same ginger red buff coloring. Does your pup have a fish-hook tail?
Wow I just googled Carolina dog, and she shares some of the same exact resemblances as a CD wow pretty interesting its just her tail, and smooth short coat that doesn't fit the description

·
Registered
624 Posts
Wow I just googled Carolina dog, and she shares some of the same exact resemblances as a CD wow pretty interesting its just her tail, and smooth short coat that doesn't fit the description

Mine has a smooth coat. Tail is carried curled when the dog is excited. Pariah dogs all over the world share a similar appearance. Your dog is a mix and the coloring and build seen in a CD now seem purely coincidental. I just brought it up because your dog looks almost like mine.

·
Registered
624 Posts
We did adopt her from our local animal shelter, so when your referring to her eye lined eyes are you saying she's a full breed??? And plz elaborate on the CD/AD as I'm a new dog owner and not familiar with the terms.. And her tail is pretty strait forward lol

The is the only information we have on her breed

Animal shelters sometimes mislabel a dog to increase prospects of adoption. Mine was described as a GSD mix but when I got him, after awhile I noticed rather than being like a typical GSD, the coloring and build where all different and the fish-hook tail was unique to the dog. Then I googled and sure enough, it began to dawn on me I had a CD on my hands and the breed description just didn't fit and feel right.

Yours may be a GSD mix, maybe not. That will become apparent with time as your pup grows up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine has a smooth coat. Tail is carried curled when the dog is excited. Pariah dogs all over the world share a similar appearance. Your dog is a mix and the coloring and build seen in a CD now seem purely coincidental. I just brought it up because your dog looks almost like mine.
Would it be to much to ask, if you can share some pictures of your CD???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Animal shelters sometimes mislabel a dog to increase prospects of adoption. Mine was described as a GSD mix but when I got him, after awhile I noticed rather than being like a typical GSD, the coloring and build where all different and the fish-hook tail was unique to the dog. Then I googled and sure enough, it began to dawn on me I had a CD on my hands and the breed description just didn't fit and feel right.

Yours may be a GSD mix, maybe not. That will become apparent with time as your pup grows up.
Looks like I have to get a DNA testing kit to get to the bottom of this lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts