German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I dnt agree one bit! My bf and I were keeping our male Shepherd "Paco" from Laydi while in her heat, unfortunately while feeding them one day, the lock happened. We were both very upset, and I'm still worried for her health she's only ten months she's my baby. We are considering emergency "fixing" her, we wanted to have puppies but NOT like this, not jeopardizing her health and well being, What should we do fix her or let the process proceed, if she's pregnant she's about 3 1/2 weeks, we think she might b since she has been gaining weight and she's always been thin.... I desperatly need advice I feel like I'm running out of time and need to make a decision, Please advice :-:)confused:

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
:(

I'm going to notify the mods to move this to a more appropriate section..probably breeding...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Thank you mods for moving.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Talk to your vet and ask him what would be the safest option for her! Good Luck!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
talk to your vet and see what your options are. and i second the why do you feed them together if she was in heat question?

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
While feeding them one day the lock happened??!?!?!?
Ever heard of DON'T MESS WITH MOTHER NATURE?

sheeesh

·
Registered
391 Posts
does the lock happen THAT fast? I've never seen it, so I have no idea, but I didn't think it could happen lightening fast...

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
If your vet could do the spay this far along, that would be best for everybody. If not, find good homes for these puppies and then get her spayed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Why weren't they spayed/neutered in the first place??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Because some people like to do it when the dog is fully mature for growth purposes.
Are they actually breeders doing this with the intent of improving the breed or just to get some cute puppies? :confused:

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Both owners had to have walked out of the room and left them alone. I've never seen a male get it in on the first try. It typically takes a couple minutes of humping before it finds the right hole. LOL! Not to mention, a male would need time to get to the female and jump on her, if someone was in the room, this would allow plenty of time to grab the male before a tie could happen.

Nothing tells me that this was an "accident". An accident is a dog squeezing/chewing through a cage, chewing through a door and then breeding through a cage. Stupidity is letting a male and female dog, both unaltered and female in heat, eat together unsupervised.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Never has on any of my planned breedings................ROFL
I've noticed that too. "Oops" litters happen lightning fast and you end up with 14 puppies. When your import female is being bred to a champion male it takes forever, she won't settle, and you finally end up with two puppies of whatever gender you don't have deposits for.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
does the lock happen THAT fast? I've never seen it, so I have no idea, but I didn't think it could happen lightening fast...
When my daughter was very young, she witnessed two dogs tied together. She was shocked. She asked me if EVERYTHING did that when they mated. With out missing a beat I told her "Yup! They sure did. Everything ties like that when they breed."

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
What I don't understand is why you waited 3 1/2 weeks to consider your options???

Call a vet NOW and discuss what can be done.

That probably should have been done immediately after.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
When my daughter was very young, she witnessed two dogs tied together. She was shocked. She asked me if EVERYTHING did that when they mated. With out missing a beat I told her "Yup! They sure did. Everything ties like that when they breed."
Just don't come crying to us when she's 40 and you still don't have any grandchildren!:D

1 - 20 of 240 Posts