German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we were outside this morning on our "patrol" of the property, (my dogs think it's their job to check the entire property line for invaders....or bunnies) a friend of ours was driving by and stopped.
He had his 17 week old black and tan Coonhound with him. Lucy is adorable and full of energy.
She was on a long line because they are in the process of breaking her of chasing rabbits. My dogs came over to check her out a little bit and then took off again, looking for rabbit "M&M's"s.
Lucy wanted to follow them, but when she got to the end of her lead, she stopped and started baying and barking and making noises I haven't heard from a dog in a long time.

Gunnar and Cass came tearing back to see what was up. When they got closer, Cass was sitting there looking at her, doing the GSD head tilt. Gunnar was looking and then lets out a couple of half bark half growl things and then gives out about a 5 second howl.
That's the first time I've heard him howl and I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard.

I've tried to tease him into a howl, but could never get anything out of him. I guess I didn't sound enough like a B/T girl Coonhound.

My friend Troy said that Gunnar could come along **** hunting any time he wanted to.

·
Registered
682 Posts
LOL we had this talk about the M&M's before, we love them! I also am starting to think my GSD is part Pointer or something? She will point and lift her leg when she's on a track.....kinda funny.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny. I'll have to watch for that.

:gsdbeggin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts