German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need an advice for my friend. Her dog always vomit in the car, he can't handle the driving in the car.
What can she do? She tried few things, but it didn't help.

·
Registered
441 Posts
is it motion sickness or nerves?
Best cure for nerves i take him on 5 minute rides around the block, once a day or so, with plenty of love and rewards.

Soon he'll love the car, and no more vomiting.

If its motion sickness.. dunno I would consult a vet.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am having the same issue. My pup cant ride in a car she had to be in the bed of a truck. Which is not something that I like to do. PM me I know a couple ideas

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Originally Posted By: AnnaRileyTry some ginger and a McDonald's hamburger - just the meat. Worked for me.
Interesting- I was going to ask about how close to driving was the dog eating.

Also agree with the suggestions about short drives. In addition working/playing with the dog in the car without going anywhere

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, I suggested that already with short drives...he is ok, but he can't hanndle longer drives.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Actually, I think my dog really just outgrew it but the ginger did seem to help. Also, a trainer told me it was my driving. He said a dog's stomach goes from side to side whereas a human stomach goes up and down (why people get sick going deep sea fishing). He made me drive for him and told me my steering wheel was very sensitive to touch - who knows. So I really tried to be careful when driving after that

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Originally Posted By: AnnaRileyActually, I think my dog really just outgrew it but the ginger did seem to help. Also, a trainer told me it was my driving. He said a dog's stomach goes from side to side whereas a human stomach goes up and down (why people get sick going deep sea fishing). He made me drive for him and told me my steering wheel was very sensitive to touch - who knows. So I really tried to be careful when driving after that
There might be a lot to this, mine used to get carsick when
her daddy drove but not when mommy did!! I suggest wide,
slow turns. A window cracked (safely!) for fresh air. and try to keep
the dog as far to the front of the car as is safe. Sway in the back
can be a lot greater than the front...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts