German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up a GSD pup on Friday which is my first dog since my Lab passed away about 10yrs ago.

So far he's doing great and I'm enjoying him so much. I'm thinking I made a great choice for a dog plus it is gonna be good for my mom and dad especially mom.

Don't know much about GSD's so I'll be doing a lot of reading and asking ?'s.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Castle. He is 2 1/2 months old. he's a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I've had a dog especially a puppy.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
He's cute. What's his name?

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Oh, you mentioned his age already - missed it.

Are you sure about his age? He looks like he is barely six weeks old to me. Did you see any of the other pups in the litter?

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
not to put a damper on things , but this dog does not look like a 10 week old pup , more like 5 weeks old. Did he have a vet check -- his expression is so vacant , so exhausted . you want the best of health for this dog .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi... New here too. This is our guy Chief at 6 weeks. He's 8 now and still won't come home with us for another 2 weeks. (Cannot contain my excitement). I have to agree, the cute little guy in your post doesn't look very old in the pics. Hopefully they were just early photos before he was brought home?

Regardless, I hope he does well for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello all,
Sorry for the long wait in a reply I was not able to log on for some reason.

I took him to the vet on Saturday for a check up and the start of his vaccinations. Vet said he was about 8weeks old so he was a bit younger in the pics. He had some stomach worms an got some medicine for that. Vet said other then the worms he's in good health.

I'll give him another treatment for worms in about 2 weeks and he should be real good.

So far he's doing great and really happy.

Only bad thing is I'm working night's so only get to mess with Bear for a few hours a day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts