German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I recently found this forum and I definitely find it useful!

I am a 22 year old just about to graduate college with my bachelors in Criminal Justice. I have always loved dogs and always wanted a GSD. I have finally made the decision to purchase a puppy. We have had dogs growing up, but I always wanted my own dog to call mine. Growing up our family dog was a dalmatian, which we had to put down a few years ago. She was a sweet dog, very protective of me and my brothers. My mother decided to then buy a Bernese Mountain Dog. Bought her from a breeder in Kentucky and it was like night and day between her and our Dalmatian. She is as sweet as can be, I joke around with my parents and tell them they have an oversized cat. My mom then decided to breed Bela (BMD). Took her to a stud service and then we had puppies. Adorable pups, sold them all locally to approved homes. We kept the biggest male, Duke. He is a gentle giant. These are my parents dogs as far as I am concerned. I have no responsibility with them. Now it is my turn to completely take on the responsibility of a puppy. I have a lot of time to spend with this pup and plan to train her to the best of my ability.

I am taking the trip on the 18th two hours away to pick up my 8 week female I named Dakota. I really hope I can form an extremely close bond with her. I plan to take her everywhere she is allowed to go. Walks, hikes, my softball games, etc. Thank you everyone in advance for your help in the forum!

I attached some pics of Bella, Duke, and my future pup.
-Courtney :)

Attachments

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on the puppy and the degree! The Berners are lovely too!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Congratulations on your graduation and your new pup!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts