German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get a DNA test. Did you meet the parents? Have pictures of them?
Hi everyone my name is Heather and I just bought a 9 week old German Shepherd puppy her name is wednesday. I've had a few people mentioned to me that her ears are too small and shepherds don't have white. I have done some research and found out that it is quite common for German Shepherd puppies to have patches of white. Can anyone else confirm that for me it's been mentioned that her snout looks too small. Looking for help if anyone can help answer my questions thank you. I should mention she is not 9 weeks old in this picture she is younger I do not have a picture of her at this moment recent
Hi everyone my name is Heather and I just bought a 9 week old German Shepherd puppy her name is wednesday. I've had a few people mentioned to me that her ears are too small and shepherds don't have white. I have done some research and found out that it is quite common for German Shepherd puppies to have patches of white. Can anyone else confirm that for me it's been mentioned that her snout looks too small. Looking for help if anyone can help answer my questions thank you. I should mention she is not 9 weeks old in this picture she is younger I do not have a picture of her at this moment recent
Hi, congrats on finding such a little beauty. Enjoy. We have had 6 GSD over the years and every pup has looked different especially regarding ears. Don’t worry about the white their coats change almost weekly in those early months x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. My Max had whte on him as well is is 13 months old. Now. And the white has gone, I also have a female lily ( I got a buddy for Max). She had very small ears and also had white. She is 7 months old now. They are both pb….. I was like you about lily. But my vet assured me she was a pb…. No worries though, she was in a bad situation and desperately needed a home, so it did matter to me, and I love them both!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Heather! Your GSD girl Wednesday is ADORABLE!! I want her!!
My first GSD I rescued, just as people were taking her to be put down, cause no one wanted her after a divorce. She was 11 yrs old and lived till 15 yrs old! 102 lbs and her name was Lady. I got so lucky. Your dog Wednesday is so lucky to have found you! Have fun researching the breed and enjoying every moment with her! Congrats!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts