German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My two dogs are very much attached to me, Sammie, my 8 year old male GSD mix. and Lucy, who is a 1 1/2 year old female GSD. They only want to follow me around everywhere, even when its just to the next room. I adopted both of them, Sammie two years ago and Lucy one month ago. They both bonded to me the first day I got them, and now they never leave my side. My bf has tried spending time with them and giving them treats and feeding, but whenever I go somewhere they will still be waiting by the door until I come home.
They still like my bf a lot and will play with him and be affectionate, but will always follow me. So why do they just want to be with me?
My bf was also with me when I adopted them.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
GSD's, generally usually have a special person, even though they bond with the whole family, Dodger has picked me as his special person, even though he's bonded to my mom as well.

try having your bf train them, that helps strengthen the bond.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
What Steph said. The dogs are bonded to me and will follow me everywhere but they're also bonded to my husband though i'm their person when all is said and done. sometimes it just works that way. They have a choice in who their primary is and they've chosen you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts