German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,133 Posts
I just put in my Netflix DVD queue, for when it becomes available. It looks very good!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It's based on a book. I was considering buying it until I read the reviews on Amazon. Unless the movie is drastically different than the book, I have NO interest in seeing it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
As an avid reader I love to try different authors and time periods. I just finished reading the reviews of this book and ordered it from Amazon. A Dog's Purpose is also a great book to read. It even has a GSD in it and the laugh/cry ratio is enormous.

·
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just going off of the trailer I saw...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Maybe not cute- but the book looks interesting. Some love it, some hate it according to reviews. Makes me curious...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
The movie looks cute. I was disappointed to learn it is a cartoon though (sorry I guess animated feature is the correct term). Parts of the book were hilarious, but it reflects some of the things people did with their dogs in those days, which aren't considered correct now.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Maybe not cute- but the book looks interesting. Some love it, some hate it according to reviews. Makes me curious...
I liked the book, although it was filled with things you should NOT do with your dog (even though I was like 10-12 when I read it.)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Lovely trailer. I am very interested now on the movie.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I finished the book and enjoyed it. Although it is not for everyone I found it to be a period piece and you have to take that into consideration. The writing style was exquisite. Yes there are chapters on "liquids and solids" as well as in depth writing on the "sexuality of the canine". We all know how important solids are, just look at the topics in the health forum. As far as the sexuality of the canine and seasons i.e. heat, just go the breeders forum and check that out. There was nothing vulgar or unnatural in this story, just a bond between and man and his GSD. I would suggest it for a quick read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts