German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am not a vet or a vet tech so just take this as is

The vet called and left a message and said my dogs new blood tests results are at 16 they use to be 111 so they are happy with the results and the vet said my dog is just like a dog that does not have the virus now???

Is this possible? if so I think carmens products the probiotics must have played a huge part? Last summer she was in obv pain from the virus and now they say it doesn't really exist anymore? I am really glad now. The virus is so common in this area! She did a month of doxy but also she has been on carmens probiotics most of this time from then till now.

·
Registered
31,698 Posts
It means the bacteria is at a very low level. 0 would mean there are no spirochetes existing. My understanding is the doxy kills off some and drives some into cysts. When the body is stressed, the cysts will burst and the dog/person has a recurrence which is then treated with Doxy again. The probiotics may have helped repopulate the body but I doubt it helped kill off the Lyme. There is a study out there on a couple of herbals. Look up The Townsend Letter and follow the information to the actual study using Samento and Balderol (I think that's how they are spelled)

·
Registered
31,698 Posts
vaccinations, illness, stress, anything that stresses the body

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Yes a new bite could cause a flare up. I am actually going to have my titers tested, I feel symtomatic, I tested positive in 2003 so if I feel tired & achy I get tested to see if I have a new infection . I look for signs in Kiya like limping or depression.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
yeah mine had a slight limp and lack of motivation

I have carmens fish oil as well

I will keep giving her healthy stuff she eats better than most humans, never see her stress shes always so happy unless i am sick or something. I have raw food also I can give 20 percent of it in her diet.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I agree with Michelle's assessment.

My aunt had a chessie that had lyme, yes they got it under control but she had flare ups her entire life, sometimes where she could barely get off the floor.

Once they have it, it's always in their system in some form or another, I honestly don't think you (general you) can be fully 'cured' of lyme disease.

My dogs are chronic for anaplasmosis, non symptomatic, but I am very careful monitoring them, do blood panels occasionally, because it can just pop up and throw a dog into liver/kidney failure and by then it's sometimes to late:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts