German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD wears two tags on his collar: one is the required license/vaccination tag for my city, and the other is a general contact info tag.

When he shakes, scratches, or moves around the house, there's a lot of jingle-jangling between those tags. It's surprisingly loud ;-)

Is there some clever solution for this? Perhaps some kind of rubber lining around the edges? I'm not all that handy, and the tags are round and bone-shaped, so they're not nice neat squares.

My infant daughter is frequently woke up by him scratching in the hallway (no, he doesn't have fleas ;-) so any advice/ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Take the collar off while he's in the house?

I don't put the vacc tag on her collar either, just make sure its handy in case we go somewhere.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use key covers, you know the plastic things you put on keys to easily pick out what key you need, it works well, I did not do it for sound, I did it for wear and tare on the tag but it has cut down on the noise as well. They are like 1.50 at wal-mart at they key maker machine

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
you can also use zip ties. slide tie through both tags and attach to collar. it holds the tag tightly together. I use it for Rayden because he pulls the tags off otherwise. I'm not sure how, but he manages to do it within a couple minutes if I use anything else.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
They make "tag pouches" that you put the tags into and that slide onto the collar. Or, alternatively, you can tape the two tags together (electrical tape works well for this and comes off easily) or Zip tie them to their collars. My dogs have their licenses Zip tied to their collars, and our phone number written on the inside, nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts