German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
biljack frozen, with pedigree can chop beef,add 2 Tbs cottage cheese. Can someone tell me what they think of this ....ps. 2 times a day as much as he will eat

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Well I don't think very much of it at all. I'd feed a high quality dry kibble and leave out the canned and cottage cheese. I've seen trainers use frozen BilJac for training treats but I've never known who fed it as a meal...there's a lot of salt in it. Oh and pups should eat 3 times a day and not all that they can hold

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Very poor and inappropriate menu for a pup IMO. Hopefully this is just a suggestion from the breeder that you can take or leave (hopefully leave) and not a requirement under the contract.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My breeder had us do 1/2 cup blue buffalo large breed puppy with 1/2 cup dehydrated milk (hydrated again with water) and one scrambled egg 3 times a day......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
puppy menu

Very poor and inappropriate menu for a pup IMO. Hopefully this is just a suggestion from the breeder that you can take or leave (hopefully leave) and not a requirement under the contract.

Not in the contract...its what she is feeding him

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Look at the forum on feeding puppies, you'll get a lot of good information and I bet no one suggests a diet like that!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
diet

Look at the forum on feeding puppies, you'll get a lot of good information and I bet no one suggests a diet like that!!
i posted 2 times..oops. am new to the forum and really thought it would show up somewhere else....i looked for information onfeeding puppies but guess I missed itl...:blush:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Well I use thawed or frozen Bil Jac for training treats. And I put a little yogurt or cottage cheese into my dogs' food. Any canned food I use is either Merrick or Wellness or something high quality like those. I would not feed that menu to a puppy. Nyxie is 6 mos old and gets Wellness adult super 5 mix. Has been getting that since bringing her home and I add salmon oil, yogurt and an egg (couple times a week) to it. Twice a day. She is doing great on it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just my opinion, but I'd be a little iffy about a breeder that feeds that kind of food...sounds like they are feeding treats with poor grade can food.

The breeder I will be getting my pup from, feeds only Orijen kibble mixed with raw beef.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts