German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I’m about to start some training. I just got him 4 months ago. The first few months I had him I was in the bucket list adventures time for my female so he was just sort of along for the ride. Now she’s gone and Focus has been just on him for only 6 weeks.
Before I got him He had been sent to 3 months puppy training in ohio and then went to LE, but got cut. He seems to know everything I need him to, in English & German. I found a trainer that sometimes trains police canines so he’s going to help me freshen Brinks up and teach me some nose work activities. I tried to get his CGC earlier this summer but no one else signed up for the test so they canceled. I haven’t yet got a new date. After that we’ll practice for open obedience. He seems to be really enjoying his new life as an active pet. He’s living his best life and he’s crazy about me. Of course I adore him too. We both think we hit the jackpot.
Any suggestions? Or am I on the right track? I don’t want to waste his education, I’m trying to keep him sharp.
It’s your dog. You can train whatever you want. It’s only a waste if you think it is. I was going to say you should come up and train sometime. I’m in Connecticut.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Still learning my new dog‘s pedigree but she goes back to Norbert Aritar Bastet, and he was a half brother to Kato on the dam side (Coletta Aritar Bastet) from the Mic von der Kine mating. So far I really like her.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hello! Another distant cousin. I’m doing the same, just trying to learn more about the pedigree because I knew nothing about Czech lines. Congratulations on your new dog and glad you like her. I’m crazy about mine.
Still learning my new dog‘s pedigree but she goes back to Norbert Aritar Bastet, and he was a half brother to Kato on the dam side (Coletta Aritar Bastet) from the Mic von der Kine mating. So far I really like her.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Snout

My pal Kairos is a great granddaughter of Kato. Her grandsire is a Kato son.

Gorgeous dog you have there! Have fun with nosework. We’ve been doing schutzhund tracking and Kai does well with it. Would love to try other scent work options one day

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My boy is the great great grandson of Kato. I think I’m counting generations correctly, at least. Your dog looks just like my dog’s grandmother Ekko Vom Wernerhaus. View attachment 592104
Great photo, wish I was there right now. It’s good to find dog family! No Wernerhaus in my dogs background, well actually I’ve only started to get into the pedigree. Haven’t yet looked at dam’s side so I shouldn’t speak on wernerhaus too soon. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
View attachment 592146

My pal Kairos is a great granddaughter of Kato. Her grandsire is a Kato son.

Gorgeous dog you have there! Have fun with nosework. We’ve been doing schutzhund tracking and Kai does well with it. Would love to try other scent work options one day
👋 hello. Brinks’ dad is a son of Kato. From lomeczecho polesi.
so good to see some family here. Kairos is beautiful. I’ve never done Work / sport training so I do look forward to that.

·
Registered
467 Posts
👋 hello. Brinks’ dad is a son of Kato. From lomeczecho polesi.
so good to see some family here. Kairos is beautiful. I’ve never done Work / sport training so I do look forward to that.
It’s fun seeing where related dogs end up, personality similarities, etc. It can make the world feel smaller and more close knit. Club members and I have found several different points in our dog’s pedigrees that relate them in one way or another despite them seeming at first entirely unrelated in the first few generations.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts