German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lisl has a mouth full of new teeth coming in. She still has one canine on the upper right still hanging on. She'll probably lose that in the next couple of days that I'm off when we're playing ball or while she's chewing.

I'm trying to teach her to 'smile' so that she rolls up her upper lip to bare her teeth on command. This isn't easy. It's tough to relate what you want her to do and make her understand.

Treats and the clicker seem to just get in the way, so I've resorted to trying to push up her lip while saying 'smile Lisl'

I'm not getting very far yet. But she will roll up her lip while her mouth is open like in this photo.

I can't believe how fast those canines grow!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
No cavities! Now that she has her big teeth she is going to want to use them. I hope you all stocked up on chew toys and bones.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
My what big white teeth you have :D Funny you should say about that command. Taz learned that command and it scared the crap out of my vet lol. I would say, let me see those teeth and he would bare them all. I did have a great photo of this, but I lost 80% of my pictures on webshots :( I hate webshots now, especially since Taz and Ginger are gone.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No cavities! Now that she has her big teeth she is going to want to use them. I hope you all stocked up on chew toys and bones.
Yep. Arms and legs too.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! It's there.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She lost a molar last night and another one sometime today. I looked at it and tried to pull it this morning but Lisl would have none of that. It was gone when I came home from work today. It wasn't in the crate so I guess she swallowed it.

Her mouth has calmed down some today, but we played outside with the balls and ropes all afternoon until after 1900, so she may just have really been worn out.

I hope her mouth is about done hurting. I feel bad for her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts