German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
9,814 Posts
oh no, i had no idea….. so so sorry!! will miss the big handsome guy!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.It hurts so much when you think about how much you loved you Patton, but it might make you feel a little better when you look back and remember how much love he had for you.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thank you for everything you have shared about Paton over the years. We are all better off for having learned from you two.

·
Super Moderator
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Now begins the week of "this isn't right". When I say that GSDs love adventure but thrive on routine, who am I kidding. We do, too. And now the routine has been changed in ways I do not like. The memoires make me smile. Realizing that there won't be more, makes me tear up. Realizing I won't hear those big soft paw steps come across the room again to bring me that big nudge of "hey, time to go outside", is breaking my heart.
But we go on. I still have my gal-dog and she is under strict orders to not get ill for at least another 6 years! I am putting my foot down. :sneaky:

·
Administrator
The Nerd Herder
6,304 Posts
Oh my heart goes out to you. Thank you for sharing your big goofy boy with us.

Just take it in and let it out. It's because we love them so that we miss them so.

Hugs

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I am sorry for your loss, RIP Patton

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Oh ****, I hated seeing this. My vision is of your Mom and Patton together.

Reactions: car2ner

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I am so sorry to read this, @car2ner. I always imagined that I'd meet you and your dogs IRL. I so loved the videos that you posted of you and the dogs playing in the leaves. I am so sorry for your loss. I'll share what my grandmother told me whenever I lost a beloved pet, "That pain you feel right now is just your heart growing so that you can love some more." It always comforted me and I hope it comforts you now. Many hugs...

·
Super Moderator
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am so sorry to read this, @car2ner. I always imagined that I'd meet you and your dogs IRL. I so loved the videos that you posted of you and the dogs playing in the leaves. I am so sorry for your loss. I'll share what my grandmother told me whenever I lost a beloved pet, "That pain you feel right now is just your heart growing so that you can love some more." It always comforted me and I hope it comforts you now. Many hugs...
thanks, right now it breaks over and over again. I got teary eyed over hair in a vacuum. So it must be growing (grin)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry, car2ner. I know it's rough. I too loved seeing the little videos of you and your dogs. Your big boy would always be focused on you, while your gal would be running circles around you two. My sympathies.

Reactions: car2ner

·
Super Moderator
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Oh, I'm so sorry, car2ner. I know it's rough. I too loved seeing the little videos of you and your dogs. Your big boy would always be focused on you, while your gal would be running circles around you two. My sympathies.
thanks, so far my gal-dog is clueless that the big-boy won't be back. That is a blessing, She doesn't understand why we would cry our selves to sleep all last week as we watched our boy loosing his fight. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

·
Super Moderator
6,357 Posts
I am so so sorry.

·
Registered
32,373 Posts
I'm sorry. Right now the pain of losing them overshadows how wonderful having them was. But that turns right-side up in time. I think too that when we see how a disease like cancer is taking them, making that transition easier for them, when it is possible, can make it a little easier. Dogs are so special though, losing them takes a chunk out of our lives and hearts. They accept us, and love us, and trust us beyond our ability to do those things a lot of times, and I, at least, am always left wondering how I deserved such a wonderful creature. I think the answer is that we don't. It is kind of like the definition of grace:"1a: unmerited divine assistance given to humans for their regeneration or sanctification." Perhaps the dogs in our lives are there to move us beyond ourselves. I think even losing them, maybe especially when we lose them, it makes us grow in compassion and empathy, though maybe what gifts our dogs leave with us differs with what we need. What a beautiful thing a dog is! And how rich we are when we have been able to share a bit of our lives with such a magnificent being.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts