German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Belle's first puppy picture.

One of my favorite pictures of Belle with her big (6 month old) brother Skylar. They are together again on the Bridge.

Another one of my favorite pictures of Belle and Skylar. This was our first family Christmas card picture in 1999.

Belle in her younger years with bunny ears on.

Belle with her new brother, Thor, 6 months ago.

She must have been looking for some kind of food - she's just like her mom!!!

This was just last month. I like this picture so much. She looked so much more spunkier. She was my danity little Bellie - I love the crossed paws.

Belle and Thor drinking water together. I always loved when they did this for some reason.

Thor watching over Belle on her last night with us - while she slept in his bed.

These next few pictures are of Belle on her last night with us. Please excuse the clothes in the back - it was laundry day.

Thor falling asleep on Belle.

My Belle - she was so tired. She hadn't slept well in days.

Thor was always sleeping next to her.

Belle with food on her nose after she ate. She always had food on her nose after she ate - she looked so cute!

The kids saying goodbye to Belle the morning I had to put her down.

My daughter Isabella and Belle.

Isabella giving Belle a kiss.

The kids and Thor saying goodbye to Belle again before I took her. If you noticed the picture above the kids - it's the last picture I took of Zeus with the kids when I had to put him down earlier this year. :-(

My oldest son with Belle.

My husband giving Belle a kiss goodbye.

Me with my eyes closed trying to soak up every last second with Belle. Until we meet again my Bellie Wellie...you'll be forever in my heart!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I am so sorry : ( Belle was a beauty.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Your pictures made me cry... I'm so truly sorry for your loss, I just lost my dane in August and I'm still completely heartbroken and know exactly how you're feeling. Belle was beautiful and looked so sweet and full of personality. Thanks for sharing her wonderful life with us - from the moment she entered your life to the moment she left, it's clear she was loved tremendously.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think it is impossible to not cry after looking at these pictures. I am so sorry you had to put her down :( :(

·
Registered
596 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss! I have never had to deal with the death of a family member, especially one of my GSD's. I saw your pictures and as soon as i saw all your kids kissing belle, that was it. i started bauling. I couldnt even imagine.... I know ill be in your shoes one day.... but i like to pretend ill never be :/
*HUGS*

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i should have known better than to open this thread. She was a very beautiful dog. Gonna go cry now.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I am sitting here in tears after seeing how loved your beautiful Belle is. Thank you for sharing her with us :hugs: Run free beautiful girl.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
what beautiful pictures with beautiful memories:( I love the pics with her and Thor watching over her, he looks like he was very devoted to her as do the rest of the family:(( sooo sorry for your loss on this girl, that new puppy will help keep you all busy:)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
What a beautiful tribute. I love how Thor was watching over her. He must have known. So sweet with your kids, but very heart-wrenching with you and your husband too. You have my sincerest sympathies.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I knew that those pictures were going to make me cry! But, after seeing all those wonderful pictures all I could think about is what a WONDERFUL life you and your gorgeous family are going to give that new puppy you're getting next weekend!! :wub:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely Belle.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I am so sorry for your loose; you pup will be waiting for you with King (my lil man who passed away earlier this year) at the Rainbow Bridge. At least they will have friends to play with while they wait.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all so very much! It means the world to me that you are here - and understand - what I'm going through. My dogs aren't just "dogs", as with most of us here - they become our family members, ... our furkids. They depend on us to take care of them, feed them when they are hungry, give them water when they are thirsty, make them better when they are sick...and if we can't make them better...they depend on us to let them go - peacefully. It's just the hardest decision of all. We do it for them - not us.

Thank you all very much!!

{{{Hugs}}}

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
may i snag a couple of the pictures for the GSD video i'm making? The ones with Belle and the kids would be fabulous along with a couple others. I'm hoping to have the video finished by early next year if i can find music that fits nicely too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts