German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This GSD has been delightful to have, she's the sweetest most independent dog I've encountered. She follows me everywhere just because she is curious but she is not the clingy type to want to cuddle. If I try and cuddle on the couch she will give me a couple of minutes before she hops off and lays on the floor next to the couch. I sent her to a three week obedience training bootcamp and I can attest that they really laid a great foundation. Before bootcamp she pulled where ever she wanted to go, and would not heel for more than 15 secs. She is only 6 months so I understood that puppies will be puppies. After bootcamp, she heels flawlessly unless we are passing by another dog, she loves playing and her drive is insane. Her trainer suggested protective training multiple times because of her intense drive, it's amazing, but I am not sold on it , I enjoy her being her and not having to be on alert 24/7. The ONLY issue I have with her is that she likes to eat poop, no matter how many times I pull her away or make her drop it out of her mouth , and reprimand by making her down for couple mins , she does not stop the urge to bite down into poop, especially if it's fresh -_-. Nonetheless I couldn't of asked for a better pup! The second and third pics are from her bootcamp stay they sent me. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
She's beautiful....2nd and 3rd pic she looks like she's on high alert....waiting for the next move lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
She's beautiful. Your description reminds me of my girl Maple. 7 month old and does not like to cuddle at all. Still has to be on leash because she's gone if she sees another dog.. or bird... or butterfly...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts