German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I know she is chunky and not a full bred GSD, but I love this dog so very very much...You all know her, it's Elle, I don't really brag on her much. she is 2 yrs old, mixed with GSD, Chow (we think) and Dobbie. You couldn't ask for a more loving, smart, well mannered young lady. It should be against the law to love a dog so much, she has never spent more then 4 hours away from me since I adopted her at the humane society when she was 10 weeks old. She sneaks into the bed with me after I've fallen asleep, helps me clean house (she tries her best anyhow), gets things I may need, and walks side by side with me and wants to feel my hand on either her head or shoulders before she will walk. Sorry so long, just wanted to brag a bit!!

My Elle (ello Jello)

Elle and me (ignore me I was so sick and look horrible)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I totally agree with you. She's a lovely girl and also agree it should be ilegal to love a dog so much. You are lucky to be next to her so much. I wish I had that ability but I have to work 8 hours a day

Otherwise, you have to believe me when I tell you that I would spend 24/7 with my Charlie. I love him dearly. Would not know what to do w/out him.

Elle is very lucky to be loved that much. Good job!!!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally Posted By: french
I totally agree with you. She's a lovely girl and also agree it should be ilegal to love a dog so much. You are lucky to be next to her so much. I wish I had that ability but I have to work 8 hours a day

Otherwise, you have to believe me when I tell you that I would spend 24/7 with my Charlie. I love him dearly. Would not know what to do w/out him.

Elle is very lucky to be loved that much. Good job!!!!
Aww thanks...I wouldn't know how to survive without her either. When I went to the HS to get a dog, I had no clue what I was looking for although DF really wanted a GSD, but there was NO full GSD's there, so I kept walking and there was this pack of pups playing a whinning, and she had a dead mouse in her mouth (gross, I know), DF went to the cage with the manager and got her out of the cage, and she fought with me the entire time, I really didn't think I could bond with her, but to my suprise, we are unseperatable now...If Elle can't go, I don't go, that means anything from the store to trips out of town... I'm pathetic, huh?

·
Registered
521 Posts
No you are not pathetic. I have no desire since I got Charlie in January to take trips out of town, go out to dinner and/or other people's houses unless I can safely take Charlie.

I feel I need to be w/him as much as possible since I have to work 40 hrs a week. On weekends, I am always with him, it's the least I can do.

He is 7 1/2 months now. Had him since he was 3. He loves both me and hubby but by far is my shadow/velcro whatever you wanna call him. He won't leave my side. And know what? I love it. I love him like there's no tomorrow. So I can totally relate.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted By: french
No you are not pathetic. I have no desire since I got Charlie in January to take trips out of town, go out to dinner and/or other people's houses unless I can safely take Charlie.

I feel I need to be w/him as much as possible since I have to work 40 hrs a week. On weekends, I am always with him, it's the least I can do.

He is 7 1/2 months now. Had him since he was 3. He loves both me and hubby but by far is my shadow/velcro whatever you wanna call him. He won't leave my side. And know what? I love it. I love him like there's no tomorrow. So I can totally relate.
Thanks...Dogs sure do make life fun, don't they?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts