German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago my husband was told he needed to have Back surgery and I was beside myself.
Not knowing when it was going to happen and how I would be able to pay mortgage if need be.
All I can say if it wasn't for Brady I think I would be in a mental facility. He is just plain awesome, makes me laugh and always knows how to get me in a good mood.
Yesterday I was laying in bed and he just jumped up and snuggled with me as to say everything would be ok.
I don't know what I would do with out him he has been my partner in crime for everything.

I know you all feel the same about your GSD's. They are the best breed out there.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes I understand. Last year my hubby was deployed to Iraq leaving me with our two dogs and 2yr old daughter. O an I was pregnant and having a hard time. Soon after he left I had to put my GSD Down and then had to move. My freind had gotten me a rescued GSD and he was my emotional pole to lean on. He was there with all my prego pain and the fears of my hubby being in Iraq. When my daughter would be a royal pain he would go and play with her so I could have some time to take care of my self. GSD's are so amazing. I think I felt closer to him then my own hubby most of the time.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I'm so sorry about your family's situation. The love of a GSD definitely helps in difficult times. I know Elmo has cheered me up many times.

Have you thought about calling the mortgage company to work out a plan before the surgery? I think lenders are probably more willing to work with financiers out there these days.

I hope your husband's surgery goes well and you both make it through this situation.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes, our dogs are often lifelines for us when we need support the most. I know mine are for me. I agree with the post above that you should call ahead to the mortgage company. With the way things are right now, they would be very likely to work with you if any special arrangements are needed. A call ahead of time often goes a long way.

I will say a prayer that your husband's recovery is quick and as painless as possible and hopefully you won't even need special arrangements worked out.

Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your advice and support.
The economy in a hole is scary and it worries me.
It is refreshing to know that others know what I am feeling
my other friends think of Brady as just a dog. He's my only kid and I love him more than anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts