German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to the group as i have concerns about my GSD.
She is 7 months old and has been eating RAW since i brought her home at 8 weeks (weaned onto it).
She used to eat her food no problem but recently - over the last few weeks she doesnt seem to be enjoying it.

it can take hours for her to have a meal and that is by taking it away after 15-20 mins and trying again 30 mins later. sometimes she will not eat it at all and i will put it away until tea time.

i'm feeding twice a day (well trying to) but over the last few days she is not touching it at all, i have tried adding a little bit of dried biscuit and she will pick the biscuit out but i know i shouldn't be doing that but you worry they are not eating.

Do you think she has gone of RAW completely should i look at alternatives or should i not worry so much - she will eat when she is hungry?

Any tips would be great.

·
Super Moderator
18,686 Posts
Is she throwing up? Does she have diarrhea? Is she acting sick otherwise like not playing like she normally would? If not, I would put the food down, give her 15 minutes and if she doesn't eat then put it away until the next meal. She just may not be hungry and needs the amount of food cut back. I wouldn't add anything to entice her since that can just make for picky eaters. If she is hungry she will eventually eat.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is she spayed? Have you checked for signs she is going into heat?... 7 months is not to early

·
Registered
12 Posts
A sudden loss of appetite would be a good reason for a veterinary exam to check for things like a fractured tooth. I would also replace your meat if you haven't -- it could be contaminated/spoiled, or she may have eaten some previously that was, and now has a conditioned aversion to it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Problems with her teeth or mouth was the first thing I thought of, too.

Definitely get the vet to check her out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts