German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the first day we got trouble he's been very attached to my daughter. I think that's wonderful. I have absolutely no problems with the dog being hers. The only problem I have with it is that he does not even acknowledge my existence. When I call out to him he completely ignores me, does not even look in my direction. The only other times he looks at me is when I offer him food or to take him out for a walk. If he is on the couch and I sit next to him he gets up and leaves. When my daughter is gone he spends 99 percent of his time up in her room. Honestly if I didn't know better I would think he's deaf. He can be two feet away from me and he does not even move his eyes in my direction. But when my daughter calls him he comes running from the other side of the house. It is the strangest thing I've ever experienced. Dogs normally take to me right away. I don't mind if he doesn't show me affection. But I do want him to listen to me when I call him. I have him signed up to start obedience classes on the 20th. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
You just don't have a bond with him. The obedience classes should definitely help with that.

Who feeds the dog? Who has done the training so far with the dog?

I think you're really going to have to go out of your way to build that bond with him. Take him out for more walks. Do some socializing with him. Spend some time with the dog outside of the home - just you and him.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Add to this^^^ take him for bike rides, play fetch or use a flirt pole etc... Take him for short car trips to the store. Spend as much time as you possibly can and try to become the most interesting/ important person in his world.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take him for car rides all the time. I have taken him to play ball in a field, he has no interest in it without my daughter. I will continue to try. Thank you for the advice. :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts