German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
m very happy to see this forum.this forum can help us to care our dogs.
i hav a problem.i bought a 4 week old german shepherd .first threee days i offer him cow's milk.but he did'nt took much interest in it.frm last three days m feeding him with royal canin and four spoons of yogurt two times a day and one time milk,bcox here is temp 46 degrees. and he didnt drink water eyt.but he is very lazy sleeps whole the day,just walk only for urine and two time for pee.
could some one help me to understand his behavior
regards

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Cow's milk upsets their stomach, do you have goat's milk?
That's an extremely young puppy, he is going to do a lot of sleeping at that age. Do you have access to a vet that can give you pointers on raising such a young puppy? He was taken from his mom wayyyy before he should have been, so it's going to be a little tough for you to get him going.
I would be worried that he didn't drink any water.

Feeeding him 2 times a day is not enough. Try feeding several more smaller meals throughout the day, even dog's that are up to a year old they suggest using 3 meals a day

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Hi Sam the King,

Where do you live? Your puppy is too young to be away from his Mom. Pups should not leave their litter until they are at least 8 weeks old. Not much you can do about it now, so I hope your pup will be okay.

Glad to hear he is eating the Royal Canin. Wet it down and soak it a bit so it is soft. Will be easier for him to eat it. Also, I'm guessing that you mean 46 degrees Celsius? (115F). Make sure you pup has lots and lots of fresh cool water to drink all the time. Wetting down his food will also help him get enough water in this heat. You can offer him Goat's milk if you have any, cow's milk is not good for them. And has his age, better to feed him at least three times a day, if not more, as Lara above suggested.

With his young age and the high temperatures and the stress of being in a new environment away from his litter, I'm not surprised that he seems quiet and low energy. Has he been to the vet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ mego
@Castlemaid
thanx for answers.really i got a good forum and members that really care for even a animals too.
i frm india.here is summer season and very hot enviorment here these days.yes i made a mistake to fetch too early from his mom.but i hav a good experience for care a dog.n feeding him four times not two times early morning 6 am plain milk,then second time 9 am three spoons of yougurt and abt 20 pieces of royal canin stater pack,then 2pm three spoon yogurt+3spoon water _5-6 rc pieces,then 5 pm again milk,then in dinner sagain repeat three spoon yogurt+two spoon water+20 pieces of royal camin..... i think this is god feeding chart.

and yes last night i met to a vet,,,sam(puppy) havnt effected by fever...vet said some problem with his tummy...he gave crocin and colic syrup...now sam is feeling better and some active now
regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts