German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is Max when he was that age all over the place not coordinated very funky. Dogs will run circles on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Im willing to bet his parents were probably the same or at least similar when they were his age. My cousin has a WGSL as well and he was A LOT worse with the hock walking than your guy and just awkward in general but now at almost a year it is basically completely gone. He still has the WGSL trot and angulation but otherwise he runs just fine now. Let him exercise plenty and with age I think he will come along nicely. How old is he currently?
He’s six months old now. I spoke to the stud owner and she has been breeding in excess of 30 years.
She showed me his half brother who looked very much like him at this age and now is 18 months old and has a nice straight back now and a great gait

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Puppies go through faces he is going to be ok look at this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I spoke with his dads owner and they showed me pictures of his half brother who was very similar at this age. Now has a beautiful build. Sucks I don’t have hiking spots where I am now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Is there a chance to see how his siblings look at this age? I don't have experience with showline GSDs, so I don't know if this is normal. It looks extreme to me, and of course extremes are how we got our different dog breeds in the first place, so they happen. I'd make sure to get him a lot of low impact exercise and try to keep him on the lean side. Your breeder should be able to help you with this as well.
He is definitely very lean right now as I keep all my dogs. The thing about WGSL is that they are more than just show dogs they also do IPO and other sport type events. Whereas the American Showlines are just there to be pretty. Dad and mom both have very nice straight backs

·
Super Moderator
5,628 Posts
The thing about WGSL is that they are more than just show dogs they also do IPO and other sport type events. Whereas the American Showlines are just there to be pretty. Dad and mom both have very nice straight backs

Well, ASLs can do sport type events too, lol.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts