German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
From what I've learned so far, I do see a lot of Czech dogs on the sire's side going from the kennel names. I cant say anything about the dam's side as I don't see anything I recognize but as I said, I'm still learning.

·
Registered
31,896 Posts
She looks like she just had her first litter? Are they 6-8 weeks old? I don't recognise any of the dogs back there.

Did you newly acquire her?

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
She looks to be mainly a mix of Czech and West German Showlines but pretty far back. The puppies are a mish mash combination; I would think it would be hard to predict how they would turn out..

·
Registered
31,896 Posts
How many did she have for you? How did she do with the puppies? Were they all sable? I am just curious.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Sire or dam being worked or have any titles? How did their hips and elbows certify? Did you have any plans for the litter, working, pet, sport or all of the above?

·
Registered
31,725 Posts
If you have the pedigree's listed correctly....your male and female are litter mates?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for just judging me instead of educating me...hanging up on someone is no way to educate..its fine I was looking for advice thanks won't be seeing me on here anymore you can have this...have a wonderful evening

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Well, it may be good sticking around is a good thing. Basically, there is a lot of inbreeding in the pedigree which could bode poorly for the health of the puppies and folks get concerned when they see a breeding without an obvious goal.

Folks expect to see some sort of achievements and/or conformation ratings by the parents of the pups and health clearances before breeding takes place. The pups are here already; they have homes but I would do more research before you let her breed again. Oft times related dogs like this bring out bad recessives in their puppies.

I don't know enough about pedigrees to make any helpful suggestions other than most of the linebreeding on the pups goes back to West German Showlines so I guess that is where you would start.

·
Registered
31,896 Posts
Well thanks for just judging me instead of educating me...hanging up on someone is no way to educate..its fine I was looking for advice thanks won't be seeing me on here anymore you can have this...have a wonderful evening

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
In all fairness, the time for education is before you breed your dogs, not afterwards.

That's close but not the end of the world. It is 3-3, so there are 6 great grand parents instead of 8, which means that any recessives that those dogs have are very likely to show up in the pups. The thing is, you have very little information on the dogs behind your dogs according to the links you posted, so to breed this closely, you really want to know what are behind these dogs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts