German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 week old German Shepherd mix. I didn't know if they walked differently from other dogs? Are their hind ends supposed to like slightly bob up and down a little bit when they walk? Or is something wrong with him?

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
With a mix it is hard to tell, as there is no reference as to how they were supposed to turn out. Post a video if you can? Could be completely normal uncoordinated, awkward puppy walking, or there might be something odd going on.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Trooper is 3/4 German Shepherd and 1/4 Lab.
I couldn't get the video posted on here so here is a link to YouTube where I posted it.

Trooper walking - YouTube

He looks fine to me! Can you have him off leash walking/running? May just need to muscle up and get coordination with age..
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The video plays fine for me and it is set to public view. Try going to Google and typing in "Trooper walking". The video will show a picture of a black puppy on a blue leash. Other than that I don't know, it plays fine for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, you got it. And no, not yet. I live out in the country but he doesn't like to come back yet when he is loose, I've tried a few times already. But do you see how his bottom end sort of drops when he walks? That's normal? I just wanted to make sure. We've been to the vet numerous times in past 7 weeks since I've had him for other things but my vet never mentioned anything about his walking to me.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
German shepherd can be looser in the rear. I am NOT an expert though if you want to see really weird did you check out this?

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Hi Amanda,

I agree with MRL, your puppy looks fine, but hard to properly evaluate his gait at the angle that you have him on the video. Just looks like puppy floppy-ness.

If you can get some help, see if you can video him from the side, walking, trotting, running. But at this point, there is nothing in the video that would be causing me concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts