German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bets still on Anatolian in there. His body is longer and sleeker, made for running and quick maneuvering with long legs.

Kangals are a lot more solid boned and bulky. They are built more block-like similar to Storm's breed. Very wide mastiff/molosser type head.

If you want real controversy and within breed bickering step into that world. It's not the dogs who are the most protective and snarky, lol.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Very handsome dog but way too small at that age to be mixed with Anatolian. I really have no guess as to breed at the moment but as Wolfydog said, a lot can be contingent on whether he is intact or not and at what age if he was neutered. IMO, I would be looking at GSDs as the larger breed in the mix and would surmise the unknown part is of a smaller breed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
He likely was neutered young, given that he was adopted originally around four months. He's a tall boy, though. 26 in long and 26 in tall. My parents now have a female anatolian shepherd and he's taller than her....she's definitely got more bulk on her than him (and a lot of fur too lol).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great! Don't be surprised if there's 3-4-5 different breeds there. I find that there's lots of purpose bred dogs of mixed breeds, especially amongst farmers, hunters and sledders.

If you wanna have some fun waiting for the test results, go on Embark DNA Discussion on facebook and post his picture and ask for guesses on his breed. There's some really sharp dog people on there and I'm sure they've seen
a couple that look similar to your dog. It's a fun way to spend a doggy afternoon indoors.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts