German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,106 Posts
There is no circumstance where my dog would need to where one so I don't see any point. On the other hand, there are a vast number of dogs out there that should be familiar with wearing one as they think nothing of turning into Cujo at the vet or when asked to do something they don't want to do or when hurt.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
Why in the world would my dog ever think the vet was lunch? Don't be ridiculous.

Dogs don't just randomly snap and growl. The ones that people say have done this have been giving warning things were getting out of control for some time, but they were clueless.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
Well, let's see. You let your dog get away with growling at the vet so he felt comfortable with snapping without provocation. That's your problem, not mine. Your dog should be muzzled then for the vet's safety.

I am not your average dog owner and this sort of nonsense is not possible with my dogs.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
The sad thing is you still think the problem started with your dog growling at the vet. The problem most likely started long before that with little inappropriate things that you either excused or ignored until, OMG!, the dog just suddenly went off at the vet. It's much easier to prevent this problem by getting on it at a very early stage.

I absolutely will correct a dog for inappropriate aggression. Maybe that's why I don't ever have a problem.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
onyx'girl;1945830 Elaine said:
None of my own dogs, but I deal with it a lot with the fosters. In fact, the foster puppy I had this summer was very FA and I loved her so much I almost kept her. I still have visitation rights to her. She got an early intervention and learned to deal with her problem in a more acceptable way.

My current foster is the older fatter version of that dog and I get a huge kick out of her naughty personality. She didn't get the benefit of an early intervention so I'm having to manage her a bit differently.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
My greyhounds were old pros at wearing their muzzles and thought nothing of wearing them when I took them coursing. The other breeds at coursing didn't have the benefit of early training to the muzzle and many of them would stop, drop, and roll, to remove it, so were unable to run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.