German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my pup to the vet this morning (another story, with another thread already dedicated to it, and just a minor problem already being resolved) and the vet said she was concerned about his muscle mass.

Now, this isn't my usual vet, just the one who was on duty today...and my usual vet has much more experience with GSDs. And my pup is definitely in the gangly scrawny 7 month old phase! So my inclination is not to worry about it. But I'd love some educated opinions.

He is on Taste of the Wild puppy food and weighs 58.5 pounds right now. We walk at least a mile every day, more as time permits. He goes to the dog park (I know...lots of people have had issues with them...but my local park is great) and gets some wide-open throttle runs in at least once a week or so, plus frequent trips to my friend's ranch to run around with their dog. Plus of course everyday fetch and tug in my yard.

Sorry these aren't the greatest pics, but they're the best recent ones that I have on hand. Thanks in advance for your input:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well folks, after talking with the breeder and reading a few other threads that I found on the same issue...I've decided I'm really not worried about his weight/muscle mass at this point, and am just chalking it up to a vet unfamiliar with the breed. Input is still welcome though...

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I think he looks absolutely fine, seriously. Very handsome boy. My boy seemed to be done height wise by 10 months. It's really insane how much he filled out from year 2 to 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts