Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Large Senior Female Dog Pet ID: 109235

This pet has been altered.
Valley River Humane Society
Murphy, NC
828-837-2304

There is no other info about Trini on her PF page, but she is beautiful.
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11230141

The email I got today states this in regards to rescuing any dog from their facility, so if a rescue is interested, there is transport available!!! Also, no pull fees for 501c.

Email:
Valley River Humane Society (Murphy, NC) is desperately seeking rescue
groups towards the Northeast to help us reduce our euthanasia rate. We now have the capability of transporting dogs and cats by volunteers towards the Hartford , CT area. We can meet rescue groups along the way via I-81/I-84, either before or after our drop at CTHS. We transport dogs every two weeks to the Connecticut Humane Society but our shelter is always full by the following day. CTHS only takes a maximum number, so we would like to send more to the Northeast if the rescue can meet our shuttle (temperature
controlled). The shuttle typically leaves on Mondays, Tuesdays, or
Wednesdays at 4 p.m. passing through in the PA area around 3 a.m., entering into NY area around 4-5 a.m., arrival in CT around 7-8 a.m. Meets after the drop-off at CTHS would be after 10 a.m. Times may vary. Our dogs and cats are HEALTHY, fully vetted dependent on age. We have hound/lab/shepherd mixes, small breed dogs, lots of puppies of all ages, cats/kittens coming our of our ears. The animals are temperament evaluated and any that have issues would be fully disclosed. Many of our pups have been in foster since birth. If you, or anyone you know may be able to help us, please email me. There is no fee to 501c3 rescue groups, no fee for transport. We do conduct vet reference checks. Each group will be contacted to discuss adoption/home inspection issues. Please, please, help us become as close to no-kill as possible.
Terry Drinkut
Volunteer Rescue/Transport Coordinator
Valley River Humane Society
Murphy, NC

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Bump for grandma

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I love fostering the seniors. I have found them to be fairly easy to adopt out, and they tend to really stick in their new homes.
I feel so isolated here in Idaho.
Sheilah

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Quote:We now have the capability of transporting dogs and cats by volunteers towards the Hartford , CT area.
Pretty good. If this senior were to somehow make it on that transport to the CT humane society, I'd go meet her and advocate for her, probably do a nice photo story on her to give her some exposure. DOUBT my rescue would take her as we already have a waiting list of seniors now, but at least she'd get better exposure. I'm heading to CT to do photo shoots in foster care for GSRNE and am traveling 3 hours one way to the other side of CT, so I'd be happy to check in with Trini along the way, too. Probably best I could do to help her.

Wonder what determines if she could make it onto 'the list'. And wish there was more information about her. God I'm in love.

BTW, does she seem to be a bit 'heavy'?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, she is heavy... but your right, beautiful. I wish I could help her in some way.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Originally Posted By: dogsaverMaybe she had some pups earlier in life and now is a little saggy, hey, it happens to the best of us!
But she doesn't look pregnant now? Naw, I was probably just too tired when I first saw her.

She's a gorgeous lady. I wish she'd make her way up to Ct. just so I can meet her in person, and get some more pictures of her to help her get a home.

I just emailed for more information on her.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
"We now have the capability of transporting dogs and cats by volunteers towards the Hartford , CT area. We can meet rescue groups along the way via I-81/I-84, either before or after our drop at CTHS. We transport dogs every two weeks to the Connecticut Humane Society but our shelter is always full by the following day. CTHS only takes a maximum number, so we would like to send more to the Northeast if the rescue can meet our shuttle (temperature
controlled)."

By the way, this is the humane society in CT this shelter transports their dogs to. Does anyone know anything about them or been there?

http://www.cthumane.org/site/PageServer?pagename=adopt_Home

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump for Trini!! No interest? She has transport!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Bump for Trini, Love the name as my Chihuahua is named the same thing!!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
"We now have the capability of transporting dogs and cats by volunteers towards the Hartford , CT area."

From North Carolina to CT with stops along the way if needed, pretty good!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts