German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Piper finished her RN with three scores in the 90s in as many shows and I'd like to go for the RA next. As a complete and total novice, the biggest difference to me looks like doing everything off lead as well as the addition of the jump. Since we're doing agility now I'm hoping that jump won't be an issue.

Does anyone have suggestions on what we should focus on to prep for moving up? How about going for the Beginner Novice OB title at the same time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congratulations to you and Piper! Nice scores too!

RA has pivots, so I spent a lot of time working on rear end awareness exercises. (There's youtube videos with some good exercises.)

I went for my CD after getting my RN title and that put me in the B class for RA and RE.
I'm a novice and was doing well, but I was thrown in the big league because of the obedience title. My peers then were mostly people with OTCH dogs or had advanced obedience titles, CDX and UD. When 4th place came in with a score of 98, I didn't have much of a chance to place.

I really don't feel that a CD gave me an unfair advantage to those competing in A. If it were a CDX or above, then I'd have to agree. So, that is something to think about.

Good luck to you! Rally gets to be a lot more fun in Advanced and Excellent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts