German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving into a new home probably in September. Is there anything we could do to make the moving process easy for Brutus. When we went up to my parents camp he didn't eat for almost two days. I am worried moving to a new place will stress him out. Is there anything we can do before we move to prepare him. I am planning on bringing him this weekend to sniff out the area and start to get used to his new home. But, is there anything else we can do to get him ready? Or maybe what we should do when we get setteled into the new place? I just want him to be happy in a new place.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I think taking him to the new area several times before would be a good idea.This way it won't be as much as a shock when you are living there full time.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
when we moved to a new house we took our
dog to the new house several times. we let the
dog roam the house and yard. i also walked him
around the neighborhood on each visit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when we moved to a new house we took our
dog to the new house several times. we let the
dog roam the house and yard. i also walked him
around the neighborhood on each visit.

This is a great idea! I am going to walk him around our new neighborhood so he can start to get comfortable with the new area!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
when we moved, years ago, it our gsd all of 20 seconds to adjust. i think with your pups bedding, food and h20 bowls, along with familiar furniture with your old home scents will make adjustment fairly easy and quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts