German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently live in a very large rural home, but I'll be leaving to University this year and my family wants to move into the city. So we'll be leaving behind our nice little town for life in the city. We have a temporary home that we'll be staying in for about a year, until we can find the "right/ideal" home to move into, more permanently. The new home is almost exactly 1/4 the size of the one I currently live in. It's also a town home. Some of my concerns are this:

My dogs go on a barking fit whenever they hear someone around the property, while they're inside the house. I see this being a problem in the near future.

If the GSD is outside and near the house, he'll start acting all neurotic and start pulling himself towards strangers and generally freaking them out.

Since we'll actually have neighbours that you can actually hear from inside the house, how do I curb this behaviour?

I don't think it's bad enough to put the lease in jeopardy, but I don't want myself or any of my family members to be labeled as "those people with the crazy dogs."

In the past, it's been incredibly easy to avoid people, but not so much anymore. I'll actually need to correct these behaviours, which I should be done before, but I wasn't in that situation often enough to make corrections.

I must also say that I'm worried about how they might behave when they're left home alone. It's never been a concern of mine because the neighbours wouldn't have been able to hear anything.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been gone for a little too long. I just realized that this should be in a different sub-forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts