German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Next month we close on a house and will be moving in. I'm planning to try to find a GSD a few months after that.

My reason for posting is that when we viewed the house I noticed some dog antibiotics on the counter... I neglected to remember any info from the label except that...

What kind of risk would a new puppy be in, in a house where a sick dog was living a few months prior?

Obviously we will be cleaning the place as best we can, painting, carpet cleaning, etc.

Am I being too careful??

Thanks

Tim

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
There is no way to answer that question unless you know what the dog was diagnosed with.

Hi,

Next month we close on a house and will be moving in. I'm planning to try to find a GSD a few months after that.

My reason for posting is that when we viewed the house I noticed some dog antibiotics on the counter... I neglected to remember any info from the label except that...

What kind of risk would a new puppy be in, in a house where a sick dog was living a few months prior?

Obviously we will be cleaning the place as best we can, painting, carpet cleaning, etc.

Am I being too careful??

Thanks

Tim

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I suspect you will be just find, unless you were dealing with a Parvo dog because parvo does stay in the area for along time even after cleaning. Usually Parvo dogs are not given pills as they do not stay down or "in" the dog being treated.
Dog antibiotics could have been used for an ear ache, a tooth issue, stomach issue, the list goes on and on. It could have been leftovers that the owner did not finish out.
Unless you know exactly what its for there is no real answer. I have dog antibiotic at home, leftovers from something, extra meds that I have bought for different reasons. Meds to take when I travel.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
ask the owner of the house what were they treating their dog
for. explain to them your concerns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts