German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a LEO and I am about to take a new job, however I am in need of moving closer to the area (Newport News area of Virginia). I have two dogs, a 3 year old beagle mix named Bella, and a 1 year old GSD named Gunner. Both are very well behaved, good with people/kids. Bella is great with other dogs, and Gunner take a little bit to warm up to them, then is good with them (he loves small dogs though). My current roommate has 3 dogs of her own which they all get along with.

I am looking for advice to finding a house or townhome, etc. with a yard of some type. I have been renting privately for over a year now. I know renting privately is the optimum way to go, however, finding a private owner in the city area is difficult. Any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Thank you!

·
Registered
338 Posts
The obvious

I sure wish I could help, so I will just recomend the obvious and ask for your forgiveness. Get on the net and start searching for pet friendly rentals etc. Do you know any of your co-workers in the area? they may be able to make a recomendation.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am a LEO and I am about to take a new job, however I am in need of moving closer to the area (Newport News area of Virginia). I have two dogs, a 3 year old beagle mix named Bella, and a 1 year old GSD named Gunner. Both are very well behaved, good with people/kids. Bella is great with other dogs, and Gunner take a little bit to warm up to them, then is good with them (he loves small dogs though). My current roommate has 3 dogs of her own which they all get along with.

I am looking for advice to finding a house or townhome, etc. with a yard of some type. I have been renting privately for over a year now. I know renting privately is the optimum way to go, however, finding a private owner in the city area is difficult. Any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Thank you!
As a cop, landlords should see you're a responsible pet owner and give you the benefit of the doubt. My advice is to talk to the landlord and tell him or her about your dogs. They may be willing to accommodate you because of your background and also how you ensure your pets don't disturb the neighbors, destroy property or disturb the tranquility of the neighborhood. Don't just go by what you read in a rental ad, talk to the landlord or property manager. They're usually the kind of people happy to have a LEO rent from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts