German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I want to apply for a course but the only thing is, it is a 3 year course which invloves moving around the country every year.

First year is 400 miles away from home, 2nd is 250 miles away from home and 3rd is about 50 miles away from home

Im not sure how me or kai will deal with this, i will really miss him and be lost with out him and im sure he would feel the same too. I cant take him with me because i'll be staying for on campus. After i might be able to rent a place but then he'd be at home alone intill i get back. The one thats 50 miles away i dont really mind as i could drive there daily but i dont know what to do.

If i do take this course and leave kai will stay with my dad (who im living now, im 17). Dad works but will take him for a walk like normal, also my brother whos 12 will comes round and kai will play ect

I just cant face the fact of leaving him and missing out on 2 years of his life

I cant come back during them years as it would be very expensive and would take a good day getting back leaving me with no time

I seriously have no clue what to do :(

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Is Kai YOUR dog or your dads/family's? If he is super bonded for you he shouldnt mind being home alone all day to be with you in the evening if you could rent - if its possible to drag him with you. Many gsds would happily live in a cardboard box if it meant being with their owner

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I understand how you feel. When I went away to college I had to leave my cat home with my parents. She was the family cat but she was really bonded to me and was very sad when I left. However, my parents took great care of her and she lived in a nice house with a nice yard. I lived in the dorms and then in crappy rental housing. Even though it was hard for both of us, it was the best decision for her to leave her at home.

If you get into the course you're applying for I would do it. You can visit Kai on vacations and when you are closer you can hopefully live at home and be with him again. It sounds like your dad and brother take good care of him and it will probably be harder on you than on him!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
take the course and leave the dog or don't take the course and
stay with the dog. if you could take the dog can you afford to
take care of the dog and yourself?

Basically I want to apply for a course but the only thing is, it is a 3 year course which invloves moving around the country every year.

First year is 400 miles away from home, 2nd is 250 miles away from home and 3rd is about 50 miles away from home

Im not sure how me or kai will deal with this, i will really miss him and be lost with out him and im sure he would feel the same too. I cant take him with me because i'll be staying for on campus. After i might be able to rent a place but then he'd be at home alone intill i get back. The one thats 50 miles away i dont really mind as i could drive there daily but i dont know what to do.

If i do take this course and leave kai will stay with my dad (who im living now, im 17). Dad works but will take him for a walk like normal, also my brother whos 12 will comes round and kai will play ect

I just cant face the fact of leaving him and missing out on 2 years of his life

I cant come back during them years as it would be very expensive and would take a good day getting back leaving me with no time

>>>>> I seriously have no clue what to do<<<<<

:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts