German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would value your thoughts on this behavior. We adopted Samson about 5 months ago and he is currently about 17 months. He is doing VERY well but we have noticed some behaviors that we never saw in our first GSD.

When we are playing, or Samson gets excited, or we are done playing and heading indoors, he bites at our shoes, feet and pant legs. He takes his head and butts our calves and/or tries to stick his head between our legs. Now, he never closes his mouth on our shoes/feet and if we stop walking, he sits down and looks at us. His little face looks like, 'I can't help myself' and the end of his tail wags....it's so cute.

It feels like herding but since I have not seen this before, I thought I would ask. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much - both of you. Makes sense.

It's funny, we run him until he can barely stand up...and WANTS to stop but still plays with our feet. (Maybe a foot fetish??)
My husband is retired and Samson gets 3-4 walks per day and 2-3 frisbee playtimes in the backyard. He gets more exercise than I do!

I love the water and leave it. We will try that too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.