German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Simba since last night is having abnormal chattery teeth... I've only ever seen this last night, this morning and now to it again. I don't know if it has anything to do with anxiety or what, because we just got back from the cottage where he had a lot of woods exploration only to return to the city? Is he telling me something?

Anyway, I've got an appointment to see the vet at 10:30am tomorrow. Des anyone have any advice or know what it may be? Google has me worried with what I researched... :(

I'm legit worried, he's my baby.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Is it right after licking himself or going out to potty? Chattering, foaming, and chomping are part of a response to tasting an interesting sample of urine. Especially a female in heat.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you say that... We've been going on walks daily and he's picked up a whiff that I can't get him away from... But would it be effecting him at night and mornings?

Could that be the cause?

I've never seen it, so naturally I'm worried

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
no its not fatal. you would see your dog making faces you never seen before He is probably licking himself. Taz use to do that

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
When I had one bite a toad he got over it but was very wobbly and disoriented for several hours. He also vomited. I am not sure if their are any deadly toads in the US and Canada other than cane toads which have invaded south florida, though.

What you are describing sounds more like the female in heat thing. Does he do it all the time or just when he smells a certain spot? Grim's eyes would glaze over, he would chatter, and drool would just pour out of his mouth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts