German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:cry: :( :cry:

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Mount Vernon, KY | Macy

Macy is a beautiful 3yr. old German Shepard. She was brought to our shelter after her owner had passed away. She looks so sad in this photo, I guess because she is still greiving over her master. That just goes to show you how dedicated and loyal this breed of dog is to thier man/woman. Macy is somewhat overwieght ,but with a proper diet/exercise and plenty of love, she'll be back at 100% before you know it!!!

Macy's Contact Info

Rockcastle Animal Shelter, Mount Vernon, KY

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
any idea if she's good with other dogs, cats? kids? how long does she have at the shelter? and whats her pull fee? i cant take her unfortunately but if someone were able to take her i might be able to pay her pull fee.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That poor baby. She looks so sad! I hope she finds a wonderful home.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any idea if she's good with other dogs, cats? kids? how long does she have at the shelter? and whats her pull fee? i cant take her unfortunately but if someone were able to take her i might be able to pay her pull fee.

Only info I have is above info listed, PLEASE call 606-256-1833 & see if you can gather any other info. If you do, PLEASE post.

This poor sad girl, heartbreaking.......... :(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i will definitely try to call tomorrow!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
emailed the shelter for more information. Hopefully have a response by tomorrow afternoon!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh how sad, she breaks my heart.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
update on Macy. On the phone with the Shelter right now. There is a woman interested in adopting her but she has to talk to her husband about it. The rep says that Macy's adoption fee is $20. He says he's been in the kennel with her and she's very shy, severely overweight. She is eating well and drinking well but doesnt have an interest in really dealing with anyone. If she's outside and someone is with her, she wants to be inside and away from you. THIS to me sounds like a grieving shepherd. Beyond the woman interested in her, they havent had anyone else interested in her, no rescue interest, for the 8 days she's been at the shelter. Her owner was an elderly gentleman who, when he he died, poor Macy seemed to become a thorn in his families side so they dumped her at the shelter as none of them wanted her. He seems to think she's a very sweet girl but she just never had all the socialization she needed. Again, grieving shepherd. He is kindly going to keep me updated on this beautiful girl on whether the couple adopts her or not.

If they're unable to adopt her or the woman's husband is unwilling, the gentlemen says he feels Macy would have about 3 more weeks. They don't euthanize until the shelter has 50+ animals and they dont euthanize at the shelter itself. They actually have to call a vet in and sometimes the vet wont even do anything until the shelter is packed to bursting.

Will keep this updated as i have info!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
keep in mind the 3 weeks is only a rough guess on her time. It could change at any moment if she isn't adopted out. The gentlemen doesnt know how she is with other dogs, cats or kids but she's respectful of adults.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you SO much for calling. :) Poor girl, breaks my heart. :cry:

Please let us not forget her & keep checking back with this shelter every few days, shelters are filling up SO fast. This poor girl needs a 2nd chance at a new happy life. She's only 3 ! :(

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Macy has to be one of the saddest dogs I've seen in quite awhile - poor girl. :(

I've sent e-mails to Weeping Willow and to Blue Moon Meadows to see if they could possibly help her. I know everyone is full right now, but I feel so bad for this girl (and all of the others out there too) and I had to try.

Will update if I hear anything.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Macy has to be one of the saddest dogs I've seen in quite awhile - poor girl. :(
Must totally agree here, broke my heart when I came across her on PF...... :( :cry:

Pat, Can't thank ya enough for your doing your part almost almost 3 yrs this Dec. when it came to us rescuing Shadow. He is one special *hard headed, LOL* boy ! He truly he one very vocal & funny dog ! We love him dearly ! :wub: Wouldn't trade him for nothing............... :D

Hoping this poor girl finds that special home to make her so happy again......... she's so lost. :(

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

Pat, Can't thank ya enough for your doing your part almost almost 3 yrs this Dec. when it came to us rescuing Shadow. He is one special *hard headed, LOL* boy ! He truly he one very vocal & funny dog ! We love him dearly ! :wub: Wouldn't trade him for nothing............... :D
Glad I could help out with Shadow!

I was just in Macy's Petfinder site to post her on another forum and her listing disappeared from Petfinder and she's no longer available!! I've checked the site a few times and keep getting the same message - hopefully she found a great new home already!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
the shelter rep i spoke with this morning about her said that he would make sure her listing disappeared if she got adopted which means!!!! that woman and her husband got her! Still, he suggested to keep an eye on the shelter just in case. Apparently they get shepherds pretty regularly. He was very pleased to know there were so many people concerned with Macy's welfare. He has not called me to let me know for sure if Macy was adopted but i'm pretty certain she was.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe give 1 more call, just in case.....;) Make sure she did find a home. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Maybe give 1 more call, just in case.....;) Make sure she did find a home. :)

i will! I planned on giving the guy until noon to call me as he wasnt going to be there all day today.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The shelter said she was ADOPTED :happyboogie:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The shelter said she was ADOPTED :happyboogie:
Thanks for the update Vicki..... :)

So glad she is going to hopefully have a great second chance at life ! She was breaking my heart, so sad looking........... :(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Yeah the shelter rep i spoke to yesterday called me this morning and you could HEAR the smile in his voice that she was adopted. The couple went and met her (the ones who were interested) and barely spent 5 minutes with her and she was theirs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts